Comunidad BOSS Katana

Alejandro
#1201 por Alejandro el 29/07/2019
#1200 A volumenes bajos se pierde ataque por todos lados. En modo 0,5 W me da la sensación de que es como tocar con un pedal compresor. A 50 W ya se nota más.
Subir
OFERTASVer todas
  • Harley Benton DNAfx GiT
    139 €
    Ver oferta
  • EarthQuaker Devices 70th Anniv. Plumes S Shredder
    129 €
    Ver oferta
  • -21%
    Harley Benton Fusion-T HH Roasted FBB
    298 €
    Ver oferta
maxibillie
#1202 por maxibillie el 29/07/2019
#1201 exacto y eso para mi tiene que ver con que tiene parlante de 12" y a bajo volumen no rinde, para bajo volumen es mejor parlantes mas chicos.
Subir
Sebas
#1203 por Sebas el 30/07/2019
Hola buenas a todos, soy Sebas de Mallorca, tengo un Katana 100 pero no me llevo demasiado bien con el tema ordenador. Lo e conseguido conectar y actualizar (que ya me a costado) pero no entiendo muy bien como se configura desde Pc. Sabeis de algun tutorial en Youtube en español? En Ingles hay un monton, pero en Español no encuentro. Gracias de antemano y un saludo.
Subir
Jose
#1204 por Jose el 30/07/2019
En el canal de YouTube de Roland product support encontrarás tutorials. Pon subtítulos con traducción automática. Puede serte útil.
Subir
Sebas
#1205 por Sebas el 31/07/2019
#1204 muchas gracias, lo probaré.
Subir
Raúl ML
#1206 por Raúl ML el 03/08/2019
Comparto un canal de youtube interesante de seguir para sacar patches

Subir
Bob
#1207 por Bob el 14/08/2019
Hola a todos.

Viendo que no le estaba sacando partido al katana por qué tengo muchos amplis a válvulas,me decidí a comprar los presets famosos para el katana ( no quiero hacer publicidad del tipo) para ver si le daba algo de uso y solo puedo decir que estoy encantado con el resultado.

Hay gente que dice que no merece la pena pagar por presets pero en mi caso particular ha merecido la pena por completo.

Larga vida al katana
Subir
Jose
#1208 por Jose el 14/08/2019
#1207 Yo desde que he descubierto como funciona, he puesto mi Marshall JCM a la venta. La ecualización no es progresiva, esto es, no resta bajo el 5 ni suma por encima. Solo resta. Y quita volumen de cada frecuencia La EQ plana es con los tres knobs al máximo, y luego le restas de lo que quieras. Con los bajos a tope, los medios a un 80% y los agudos a un 70% o menos, el canal clean y Crunch son la monda. El el Brown prefiero subir medios a tope, bajos al 80 y treble 60 o menos.
Subir
Jose
#1209 por Jose el 14/08/2019
Comparto esta joya que encontré en VGuitar Forum.

Offline J Michael
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:08:32 PM »
Hi All,

I picked up the Katana head last week and have been having a blast with it. Thought I would share a few things based on others usage I have noticed. (Sorry it is so long.)

Now onto a few volume (non) issues.

After watching tons of vids, reading other posts and downloading patches with drastically different volumes, it appears to me that there is confusion regarding a few things that effect volume. The majority of what I have seen is in regards to input gain and/or the 3 knob equalizer.

I also read a lengthy discussion, on a large forum (gearpage I think) with pages of replies, about the Katana’s clean channel. Someone assumed that the katana was useless for clean tones as a result of the gain knob needing to be used to get sounds out of the amp. None of the responses explained why gain is a perfectly normal requirement for the clean channel to work properly.

Below are gain and equalizer explanations and tips on their use with the Katana.

Gain

Gain is not distortion or overdrive. Gain is the volume setting for your input level. It is there to account for differences in the input signals between different guitar electronics, pickups etc. and any other instrument plugged into the amplifier. Gain is absolutely required for clean sounds even if that was not the case in other amps you may have used. Gain can cause distortion and we guitarists like that but that is a happy side effect of setting the gain too high. Gain on guitar amplifiers serve the same function as setting (gain) levels when recording mics or instruments or using a mixer. When set to 0 it sets the input level to 0 and you will not hear anything. When set too high it clips the signal creating distortion and potentially overdriving the preamp.

Many amplifiers have their gain setting start at a level other than 0 allowing an input signal even if it appears the gain is set to 0. This is causing some confusion as those amps make sounds even when gain is set at 0 and it is usually clean. Just think of the Katana as having a proper gain knob or think of it as going from 0 to 10 instead of 5-10. So, on the Katana, clean tones require gain and that is perfectly normal.

Now, regarding the equalizer. This is a can of worms it appears.

Many people are lowering the volume with the equalizer. I have seen this in most videos regarding the Katana, including setup videos and the same discussion threads.

The Equalizer knobs on the Katana, attenuate (lower the volume) of their respective frequencies, they do not boost or increase their volumes. Some other amps boost as well, meaning that turning the knob from 5 to 0 lowers the frequency while 5 to 10 boosts it.

If you start with them all set at the halfway mark, you are really setting it for the same tone as them at max but you have lowered the volume of the signal as it goes through the equalizer, lowering the overall volume as well. This can also increase volume differences between patches. So, for the Katana, you should start with them all set to max rather then 12 o'clock or halfway as is the case with many other amps when setting up a tone.

Unfortunately, if you set up patches already you cannot just crank up the equalizer settings without also adjusting the gain and volume to account for the changes, as increasing them at this point will probably introduce or add more distortion.

So how should you use the equalizer. When trying to dial in a sound you should start with getting the loudest clean signal before adding any overdrive, distortion, effects, etc. and that means allowing the full signal through the equalizer before lowering parts of it with the knobs. Below is how I do it on my Katana.

How I dial in a sound using the Katana’s Equalizer knobs. Turn the guitars volume knob all the way up. Set Bass, Mid and Treble on the Katana to their max settings, Master at halfway or an appropriate level. Set gain to about 20%. Set the preamp Volume to max. If the signal is not clean lower the gain until it is as clean as it gets for that channel. (Note: Clean depends on the channel so clean on the Crunch, Lead and Brown channels are the setting with the least distortion.)

If the signal is clean then increase the gain until it distorts, or is adding more distortion depending on the channel, and back it off until it is clean again. Once that is set the amp should be pushing the loudest signal possible to the power amplifier which uses the Master volume.

Now lower the Bass, Mid and Treble to get the best tone. When done properly the one which has the highest setting should be maxed. If you have them all lowered try setting the highest one to max and turning the others up by the same amount as that one was moved. As an example; Bass is at 4, Mid at 5 and Treble at 7. Increase Treble by 3 to ten then increase Bass and Mid by 3 as well. Final setting would be; Bass at 7, Mid at 8 and Treble at 10(max). If it introduces distortion, lower the preamp gain to clean it up.

You should now have the loudest clean signal going through the amp. After this is set up to your liking then add in your gain and effects to get the sound you are going for and tweak those equalizer controllers again as needed for your tone while keeping them as high as possible. I also tweak the gain at the end of the process to match the guitar I am using with that patch so the volume on the guitar affects the tone.

This can also fix some differences in the volume between channels, patches, etc.

Have fun tweaking all!

Cheers,
J Michael

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:30:13 PM by J Michael »
(11 people liked this)
J Michael
—————
Dad, Husband, Musician, Guitar Instructor, Electronics Engineer, Software Developer, Computer & Network Engineer are a few of my hats.
Subir
Jose
#1210 por Jose el 16/08/2019
Hey, probad esto. Canal clean, gain 40%,volumen a tope. Bajo 100%,medios 80-100%,agudos 60-70%. Un toque de reverb. Luego le metéis un buen overdrive y ya me diréis. Yo con el Boss ODX-1 y ganancia al 75% saco el mejor sonido de mi vida. Se caga en mi Marshall y Laney valvulares.
En el setting de 0.5 watt con el máster a tope suena de muerte con la banda completa.
Subir
Daniel Vega
#1211 por Daniel Vega el 18/08/2019
Hola, soy nuevo y espero me sea útil este foro para hallar la respuesta a mi problema. Acabo de comprar un Boss Katana 100, y todo parece verse bien, no tiene golpes, ni rasguños y la caja venía en muy buenas condiciones, el problema es que apenas lo saqué para conectarlo, al encenderlo no ocurre nada, las luces se encienden y apagan intermitentemente y no puedo hacer nada. Intenté instalándole la versión 3.02 pero no ocurrió nada, también lo traté de utilizar para el Tone Studio, pero no ocurrió nada, ya que decía que no reconocía ningún equipo. Quisiera saber si hay algo que deba hacer al encenderlo por primera vez que estoy omitiendo, o es simplemente un defecto de fábrica. Les agradezco mucho.
Subir
namoetcal
#1212 por namoetcal el 18/08/2019

Has intentado resetearlo y ponerle los valores de fábrica?
Subir
Hilos similares
Nuevo post

Regístrate o para poder postear en este hilo